Further along the now lost Clarendon Street, away from Oxford Road and the Kings Arms, where Clarendon Street met Medlock Street, was the Bridgewater Arms on the corner . Its exact spot was literally right beneath the Mancunian Way: think between "Elevated" and "Road" in the below map. The Bridgewater Arms was at 117 Medlock Street and licensee was Ambrose Johnson in 1844 .
Former site of Bridgewater Arms, Medlock Street. (c) googlemaps.
1. Hulme 1844, Alan Godfrey Maps (2007).