As seen in the Three Sugar Loaves Tavern entry, Back Quay Street barely exists these days except for a nondescript short path. At the other end of Back Quay Street in 1848 was St David's Tavern, on the corner of Young Street . It's difficult to imagine now but the pub stood just about here on this corner as shown below, which is now classed as Young Street.
Former site of St David's Tavern, Back Quay Street (now Young Street). (c) googlemaps.
1. New Bailey & Ordsall Lane 1848, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).