Former site of Bedale's Arms, Chester Street. (c) googlemaps.
Just north east of the Princess Road Mancunian Way roundabout, Chester Street once extended westwards, and between Newcastle Street and Medlock Street on the north side of the street was the Bedale's Arms. The pub was named after the tiny street / alleyway on which it stood, Bedale Street. Slater's 1848 Directory recorded the Bedale's Arms Tavern at 38 Chester Street run by Daniel Smith .
1. Hulme 1844, Alan Godfrey Maps (2007).