At the bottom end of Dale Street, between what today is Lena Street and Paton Street, but in 1849 was Lees Street and Booth Street, was the Woodman pub. It was the second building before the Lena (Lees) Street turn, meaning it used to sit just to the left of the 'Piccadilly Lofts' sign.
Former location of Woodman, Dale Street. (c) googlemaps.
1. Manchester (Piccadilly) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).