Rose & Crown, Denton Street, Hulme, 1912. (c) Bob Potts .
On the long-lost Denton Street in Hulme, which used to span between the upper ends of Chorlton Road and Upper Moss Lane, used to stand the Rose & Crown on the corner with Bentley Street. It was first mentioned in 1866 was a Hardy's Brewery house  and is shown here as a Peter Walker's of Warrington house with licensee, Sarah Ann Pollitt, outside. The photo is from 1912 but 25 years later the Rose & Crown closed for good in 1937 . The former location of Denton Street and the Rose & Crown was roughly where Drayton Street is today.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).