Pictured in the 1920s, the Derby Arms was on White Street which used to run between Mitchell Street and Every Street just east of Carruthers Street. This location is today where Hackleton Close and Badby Close meet, just off Merrill Street where the new tram line goes. It was a Walkers of Warrington beerhouse that survived until 1927  - the little lad pictured leaning on the corner of the pub probably never got chance for a pint in the Derby Arms.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).