The Brewers Arms stood at the bottom of Rochdale Road on the corner of what is now Kenwright Street (then Kenyon Street). This unheralded street is parallel to the much-better known Angel Street and the fine boozer, the Angel / Beer House / Weavers. The Brewers Arms was originally licensed as smaller pub one door along Kenyon Street , and was run by Christopher Kenyon who also ran St George's Brewery behind the pub. At some point it was rebuilt as the fine Rochdale Road pub shown above and on the rear of Bob Potts' Pubs of Rochdale Road booklet . Chesters Brewery had the Brewers Arms for a time, as did the Empress Brewery of Old Trafford. The last owners were Walkers of Warrington, before the pub was closed in 1942 on the grounds of non-requirement .
Former location of Brewers Arms, Rochdale Road. (c) Google 2011. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and Neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).2. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).