The Grove Inn closed as a Walker's of Warrington pub on York Street off Stretford Road in Hulme in 1920 . The beerhouse was originally known as the Buffalo Arms having been licensed since 1859 under Groves & Whitnall . Old York Street is still there in Hulme today, and the site of the old Grove Inn, which was at No.150, was probably near its intersection with Stretford Road.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Bob Potts (1997).