The Pineapple used to stand on West Worseley Street, just one house off Regent Road, a street which today is marked by the entrance to Goodiers Drive. It was first recorded in 1869, by 1892, Groves & Whitnall were advertising their "celebrated ales" although just two years later, Cardwell's Brewery took over the beerhouse. Wilsons bought the pub before Walker & Homfray had it, as shown below, but then these two breweries merged and the Pineapple became a Wilsons house once again . The Pineapple was a fine-looking little pub but was sadly demolished in 1975 to make way for the new Goodiers Drive estate. There is a fine colour photo of the Pineapple in 1974 from NAH1952 at flickr.
Pineapple, West Worsley Street, Salford, 1951. (c) Neil Richardson .
2. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).