This Cornbrook Brewery house was lost in the St Matthias clearance area around Silk Street. The Dog & Partridge opened in the 1850s but in 1898 it was deemed unsafe by the Borough Surveyor - he reported the beerhouse had begun to settle in the middle and the walls bulged. Cornbrook rebuilt the beerhouse, taking the butcher's which had stood next door. The Dog & Partridge stood on Silk Street between Ann Street and Diamond Street - roughly where Brocade Close is today - and lasted until 1961 .
1. The Old Pubs of Salford - Part One: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).