Roughly where this old jewellers still just about stands on Todd Street near Victroia Station was the Lamb Inn in the mid 1800s. The road which disappears behind the gate is present on the 1849 map and the Lamb on stoodd to its right . There was a small synagogue behind the pub and to the left was Cathedral School. Some years later, the buildings to the left of this block were taken by Bossa Nova / Chico's / Top Cat.
Former location of the Lamb Inn, Todd Street. (c) googlemaps.
1. Manchester Victoria 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).