Across Hatton Court from the larger Old Ship / Ship Hotel on Chapel Street was the Fishermens Hut beerhouse, on the right in the above photo from the 1870s. It was an old timber framed building with lath and plaster walls divided into five premises of which one was the beerhouse. Originally a butchers, the first licensees of the Fishermens Hut were Mary then Elizabeth Copley until 1863. Thomas Wood had it until the 1880s and the last licensee was Thomas Baxter who kept the beerhouse until it was pulled down with its adjoining shops in 1894 .
1. Salford Pubs Part One: The Old town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).