Talbot Inn, Russell Street, Hulme, 1950s. (c) Bob Potts .
The Talbot Inn opened in 1865 and lasted just shy of a century as it closed in 1963. It was originally a W. Kay house which passed to Wilsons before it passed. Standing at No.9 Russell Street which was just off City Road, the old location of the Talbot Inn was lost to the building of Chorlton Road. The path of Russell Street between City Road and Stretford Road was roughly where Shawgreen Close runs today.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).