Queens Arms, Rudyard Street, Harpurhey. (c) Bob Potts .
Pictured above in 1961, the Queens Arms stood on Rudyard Street off Queens Road and Harpurhey and was nicknamed the 'Little Queens'. It opneed in 1867 and was firstly a Walker & Homfrays house before closing in 1969 as a Wilsons house . The Manchester Communication Academy sits on the old location of Rudyard Street and the Queens Arms.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).