The Burton House was a fairly short-lived beerhouse on Burton Street, off Dalton Street, in a part of south-western Collyhurst which was known as Newtown. The Burton House opened in 1869 and closed in 1913 as an Empress Brewery house at No.36 Burton Street. Burton Street has disappeared from the maps but it still runs off Dalton Street today and forms part of a business car park.
Former location of Burton Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.