Oddfellows Arms, Stonehewer Street, Collyhurst. (c) Bob Potts .
The Oddfellows Arms stood on Stonehewer Street in Collyhurst, off Rochdale Road. This lost street ran just south of Livesey Street which still runs today over to Oldham Road, Miles Platting. The Oddfellows was a Wilsons house that opened in 1842, lasting until 1964 when it was demolished under a compulsory purchase order . Supposedly this was for regeneration, but fast-forward half a century and only a huge car park is in its place.
Former location of Oddfellows Arms, Stonehewer Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).