Joiners Arms, Collyhurst Road. Collyhurst. (c) Bob Potts .
The Joiners Arms stood at the Queens Road end of Collyhurst Road in Collyhurst, opening in 1869. It was at No.495 on the corner with Alexandra Street, soon becoming a Wilsons house, as shown above in the 1950s and twice in 1964 at the archives. The Joiners Arms lasted 95 years, closing under a compulsory purchase order in 1964 . Alexandra Street was lost to the redevelopment of Collyhurst, but it used to run pretty much where Glendower Road runs today. So the Joiners would have probably stood here on the right (the still serving Valley with its white frontage can be seen in the distance along Glendower Road).
Former location of Joiners Arms, Collyhurst. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).