Black Horse Inn, Alport Town. (c) Alan Godfrey Maps .
Alport Town was a small, elongated square connecting Deansgate to Watson Street. The Two Cocks on Deansgate was near the entrance to Alport Town and at the bottom end, on the corner with Watson Street, was the Black Horse Inn, a large public house next door to Alport Lead Mill and backing on to Gratrix's Court, as depicted here at the archives. Whilst Alport Town is long gone, with the building of the Great Northern Warehouse railway stores, a road of sorts still runs here, in the form of the car park entrance of the Great Northern Warehouse entertainment complex.
Former location of Black Horse Inn, Watson Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. Manchester (Oxford Street & Gaythorn) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2010).