Amalgamation, Renshaw Street, Hulme. (c) Bob Potts .
The Amalgamation at 2 Renshaw Street used to stand next door to the Shakespeare on Stretford Road, as seen in this 1962 photo, by which time the Amalgamation had closed. It served from 1852 to 1932, first under Boddingtons Brewery until 1926 then Walkers of Warrington for its last years [1,2]. Renshaw Street was renamed Epping Street as part of Hulme's redevelopment efforts, and the old location of the Amalgamation was just where the grey Hornchurch Court flats stand.
Former location of Amalgamation, Epping Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).