Former location of Three Crowns, Crown Street (to the right). (c) googlemaps.
At the bottom of Angel Meadow on what was, until recently, the top end of Dantzic Street used to be Blakeley Street, and cutting across the top end was Crown Street, which used to meet up with the bottom of Crown Lane. The Three Crowns stood on the right half way along as shown on the modern day map below . It would have stood just around the corner from the famous old Crown & Cushion, Manchester's oldest licensed premises, soon to be swallowed up by the Co-Op HQ development, like the factory shown on the recent googlemaps images that used to stand on the site of the old Three Crowns.
former location of Three Crowns, Crown Street. (c) googlemaps.
1. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).