Parallel to Edge Street and running between High Street and Oak Street in the Northern Quarter is Copperas Street. On this corner of what is now Hare Street, formerly Harrop Street, used to stand the Duke of York in the mid-1800s . Looking down Copperas Street to the preserved Fish Market facade on High Street, the white coloured flats sit on the site of the old Duke of York.
1. Manchester (New Cross) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).