The Factory Tavern opened in the 1860s near the corner of Elizabeth Street on Butler Street in what was previously a newspaper shop. It lasted until 1933 (around when it was photographed) when it closed as a Walker's of Warrington house . Today, this is the corner of Garforth Street and Butler Street.
Former location of Factory Tavern, Butler Street. (c) Google 2012. View Larger Maps.