Coke Street still runs through part of Broughton near Cheetham Hill today, though it doesn't quite meet up with St Mark's Lane any more. At the easterly-most point of the current Coke Street used to stand the Horse Shoe beerhouse, sometimes recorded as the Three Horse Shows. The first record of the Horse Shoe is in the 1850s and by the 1880s the Adelphi Street Brewery were the owners before it passed to Yates's Castle Brewery. Robinson's, the surviving family brewer of Stockport, took over the Horse Shoe in 1924, and it's shown above as a Robbies house in the '50s with a happy family posing outside. Predictably, the boozer was lost to a compulsory purchase order, closing for good in 1967 . The Kildadkin was built for the new estate, a hundred yards or so to the south.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).