Royal Albert & Union, Liverpool Street, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Royal Albert opened on the corner of Cranbourne Street and Liverpool Street in the 1860s as a beerhouse and provisions shop .
Groves & Whitnall took over in 1896 and with it, the office and several houses next door , thereby extending the Royal Albert, putting it next door to the Union Tavern, a still surviving Holts house.
Former Royal Albert & Union, Liverpool Street. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
The Royal Albert closed in about 1961 and for several decades was used by Salford Direct Metals , although it appears vacant these days, next to the still popular Union Tavern, a Salford survivor.
1. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).