Butler Inn, Butler Street, Ancoats. (c) Neil Richardson .
Opening in 1834, the Butler Inn was on the corner of Daniel Street and Butler Street, described as "a first class beerhouse, the best stand in Manchester... with a new vault." As pictured in Neil Richardson's book exactly a century ago, it was a Walkers of Warrington house, and closed in 1937 . The site of the old Butler Inn is now taken by the estate pub-resembling Trinity Methodist Church on the corner of what is now the southern end of Ridgway Street.
Former location of Butler Inn, Butler Street. (c) Google 2012. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).