The Duke Hotel, or Dukes Head, opened in 1867 when a house and shop were converted. Originally a beerhouse, the Duke stood on Liverpool Street between West Charles Street and West Ann Street, but by the 1880s it was fully licensed under Threlfalls - as shown above in the 1920s advertising Threlfalls Blue Label. Sadly, the pub was included in the Liverpool Street industrial zone clearance order of 1964 so the Duke was closed a year later for ever .
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).