Olive Branch, Whitley Street, Collyhurst, around 1900. (c) With kind permission from Julia Gill, Ontario, Canada.
The Olive Branch was at No.63 Whitley Street in Collyhurst, which still runs through this inner city part of north-east Manchester today as Whitley Road, near the surviving Swan Inn. It was a Walkers & Homfray house existing from 1862 to 1919 , and according to Julia Gill, who sent in the above photo taken over 100 years ago, the Olive Branch was probably run by Edward Johnson and family around that time.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and Neighbourhood, Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).