Adjacent to the old site of the more recently lost Sportsmans Tavern, the Regatta Inn was on the north side of Regent Road, just before the bridge over the River Irwell. The beerhouse stood next to the Groves & Whitnall Brewery and was named on opening in 1845 after the first Manchester and Salford Regatta which took place on the Irwell in 1842. The Regetta Inn was badly damaged in the Salford Blitz in December 1940 and never reopened as a pub, but did eventually become a restaurant for brewery employees 10 years later . Today, the site of the old pub is still a restaurant of sorts; that of the Campanile Hotel.
1. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).