Red Lion, Chapel Street, Patricroft, Eccles. (c) Tony Flynn .
The Red Lion stands on the corner of Chapel Street and George Street in Patricroft but has been closed for a decade or so. It's been best known recently for housing a cannabis farms in 2004  and then in 2007 , and was only a fully licensed public house under Boddingtons from about 1980 .
Red Lion, Chapel Street. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
The building dates back to about 1845 and the Red Lion beerhouse is first listed in 1866 and was first called the Egerton Arms when its front door was along George Street. The Red Lion is the family badge of the Egertons which explains the name change .
1. A History of Eccles Pubs, Tony Flynn (1980).