Bay Horse, Cutler Hill, Woodhouses, Failsworth. (c) Rob Magee .
The Bay Horse stood on Cutler Hill in Woodhouses near Failsworth, dating back to about 1804 when it was known as the Brick Hall. It stood alongside the canal and the Brick Hall name was due to its proximity to the Hall on Failsworth Road nearby. The beerhouse was renamed the Bay Horse in 1812 and a century later, was bought by John Taylor & Co of Ancoats. Walker & Homfray's took over in 1929 before it passed to Wilsons in 1954 after their merger. The Bay Horse closed in 1959 but its licence passed to the Willow Tavern which had been rebuilt that year , so the Bay Horse still lives on today in a way.
1. Failsworth Pubs 1731-1995 and their licensees, Rob Magee (1995).