Seedley Hotel, Church Street, Pendleton, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson, Tony Flynn, Alan Gall .
The Seedley Hotel stood on the corner of Ellor Street and Church Street in the old Hanky Park district of Pendleton, Salford. It was first licensed in 1868 and by the turn of the century was a Boddingtons beerhouse. The Seedley was nicknamed 'Jimmy Jones's' after the landlord of 47 years who ran it until he was 90 years old. Inevitably, the Seedley Hotel was included in the Hanky Park slum clearances - inclusion in the Ellor Street No.7 clearance area saw it close in 1967 . The old location of the Seedley Hotel was roughly here along Pendleton Way, a little north of the old Flat Iron / Royal.
1. Salford's Pubs 4, Neil Richardson, Tony Flynn & Alan Gall (1980).
2. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Heath, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown & Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).