Pictured above in the 1950s, the Mason's Arms was on the corner of Sanderson Street and Bowker Street in Collyhurst, between Rochdale Road and Oldham Road. At No.59 Bowker Street, the Mason's was a Wilsons house that opened in 1869 and was closed and demolished in 1963 due to a compulsory purchase order for development . Although Bowker Street is gone, Sanderson Street still exists today.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and Neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).