Napoleon, Rochdale Road, Collyhurst. (c) Bob Potts .
The Napoleon was at 275 Rochdale Road, and as the Marble Arch is No.97 and the Osbourne on the other side was No.360, a rough guess for the location of the Napoleon would be around Bomley Street and where the railway passes under Rochdale Road. The beerhouse opened in 1839 in the same year that Napoleon visited Manchester from France. Known also as Napoleon the Third, "the Nap" and Henrietta's (after licensee Henrietta McHugh), it was a McKenna's, Walker & Homfray then Wilsons house. It finally obtained its spirits licence in 1962 but was compulsorily purchases and knocked down just six years later .
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and Neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).