Former Kings Arms, Whit Lane, Salford. (c) Google 2011. View Larger Map.
The Kings Arms ceased to be a pub in the 1990s when it was known as Jolsons Bar, and became the Kings Court care home, a function of sorts it continues today as the Kiddies Kingdom nursery. These days it sits on St George's Way off Langley Road South and Cromwell Road, but before the Charlestown redevelopment, Whit Lane used to pass all way from here up to where the closed Old House at Home is.
Kings Arms, Whit Lane, Salford, 1972. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
The original Kings Arms goes back to at least 1824 and by 1899 was in a bad state of repair so the Worsley Brewery Company built the new Kings Arms which remains today. Walkers of Warrington had the pub, then Tetley, before its closure as Jolsons Bar after it had survived the regeneration of Charlestown in the '60 and '70s .
Kings Arms, Whit Lane, Salford, 1930. (c) Neil Richardson .
1. Salford Pubs - Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).