Pleasant Inn, Clarendon Street, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Bob Potts .
This pleasantly-named beerhouse started life as the Brewers Arms, opening in 1868 at No.6 Clarendon Street which was at the Oxford Road end. Following a name-change, the Pleasant Inn was a Walkers of Warrington house and closed in 1935 [1,2]. Clarendon Street was eventually built over as the Mancunian Way now passes over Oxford Road where it once ran.
Former location of Pleasant Inn, Clarendon Street. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Bob Potts (1980).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton -on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).