Hand in Hand, Upper Medlock Street, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Bob Potts .
The Hand in Hand beerhouse opened in 1853 on the corner of Upper Medlock Street and Pigott Street in Chorlton-on-Medlock at the border with Hulme . It lasted until 1922 as a Peter Walker's of Warrington house . Upper Medlock Street was later renamed Brennan Street and it's now Brennan Close. The old Hand in Hand would have stood just here, beyond the end of Brennan Close where the Emmanuel Pentecostal "estate church" now stands.
Former location of Hand in Hand, Brennan Close. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Bob Potts (1980).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton -on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).