Queens Arms, Florin Street, Hanky Park, Salford. (c) Tony Flynn .
The Queens Arms beerhouse opened on Tanners Lane, Hanky Park in 1837, boasting pleasure gardens in the 1850s. These gardens were soon built over with the back-to-back terraces of Meldrum Street and Melrose Street. Later that century the Queens became a Swales house but in 1875 a spirits licence was refused despite £2,000 having been spent on renovations to the beerhouse. By this time the street layout of Hanky Park had changes and the address of the Queens was now Florin Street, and here it stood until the 1963 compulsory purchase order saw it off. The Queens Arms, nicknamed "The Stumps" eventually closed in 1965  and was lost along with the rest of Hanky Park. The approximate location of the old Queens Arms would have been just south of where the remains of the western end of Ellor Street is marked on today's map.
1. Hanky Park, Tony Flynn (1990).
2. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).