Lord Raglan, Regent Road, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson & Tony Flynn .
The Lord Raglan was, for most of its existence, on the corner of Oldfield Road and Regent Road, but it can be traced back to an original beerhouse on the corner of Regent Road and Oxford Street from the early 1860s. The newer Lord Raglan opened in about 1872 and it survived until 1933 when licensing magistrates ordered its closure. They ruled that it was too small with unsuitable upstairs accommodation and no yard, and owners Walker & Homfrays and lessees Swales Brewery were paid compensation . The new Wellington (now closed) stands where the Lord Raglan used to.
Former location of Lord Raglan, Regent Road. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. Salford's Pubs 1, Neil Richardson & Tony Flynn (1978).
2. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).