Dog & Partridge, Harrison Street, Hanky Park, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
Across the road from the Oddfellows Arms on Harrison Street stood the Dog & Partridge on the corner of Bury Street. First recorded in 1861, the Dog & Partridge was an Empress Brewery beerhouse by the 1890s and it passed to Walkers of Warrington when they bought up all Empress's pubs and beerhouses in the 1920s. By 1960s the Dog & Partridge was owned by Tetley's when it was included in the Ellor Street clearance scheme. It closed in 1962 and the landlord moved to the Church on Mulberry Road . The former location of the Dog & Partidge is where the Paddington Close entrance of the Salford Opportunities Centre is these days.
Former location of Dog & Partidge, Paddington Close. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).