Originally the White House Tavern, a Peter Walker & Son house, this pub became the Nottingham Arms in 1860. It stood on the corner of White Street and Warde Street until it closed in 1965 . White Street has gone but the latter still runs through Hulme; the former location of the Nottingham Arms was just east of where Old York Street crosses Warde Street.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Bob Potts (1997)