The Lochnagarr Inn was apparently named after a Scottish balled, 'Lachin y Gair' (although it could just as easily be after the Lochnagar mountains in the Grampains) by the Scottish licensee, Alexander Graham. The pub had previously been known as the George the Fourth until 1851  - the 1860 date on the pub sign may refer to a rebuild date of the Lochnagarr. Opposite this Threlfalls boozer, which closed in 1934, was Walker's Yorkshire House.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester, Bob Potts (1983).