Pineapple, Crowborough Street, Greenheys, Chorlton-on-Medlock.
The Pineapple stood on Crowborough Street, formerly Leaf Street, in Greenheys, the southern part of Chorlton-on-Medlock. The Pineapple opened at No.14 Leaf Street in 1858 and lasted until 1967, closing as as Taylor's Eagle Brewery house . It was on the corner of Leaf Street and unusually-named Delhi Grove, off Pigott Street and parallel to Greenheys Lane . This location of pretty much where Aquarius Street and Bronte Street meet today.
Former location of Pineapple, Greenheys. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Bob Potts (1980).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton -on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).