Nags Head, Booth Street West, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Bob Potts .
The Nags Head stood on the corner of Higher Ormond Street Street and Booth Street West, just off Oxford Road. It opened at No.22 Booth Street West in 1840 and lasted until 1975 when it closed as a Groves & Whitnall House . The old Higher Ormond Street can still be made out running under the new university buildings, and the Nags Head would have stood on the left here.
Former location of Nags Head, Booth Street West. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Bob Potts (1980).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton -on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).