Grapes Inn, Rusholme Road, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Bob Potts .
Pictured above in the 1950s, the Grapes Inn opened in 1864 at No.53 Rusholme Road, straddling Wood Street and Maskell Street [1,2]. This location was classed as Chorlton-on-Medlock but was only just off Downing Street and Ardwick Green South in Ardwick. The Grapes closed in 1962, just two years short of its century, as a Wilsons house . The former location of the Grapes in was roughly where Kale Street meets Wadeson Street today on the Brunswick Estate.
1. The Old Pubs of Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Bob Potts (1980).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton -on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).