Wellington, Higher Chatham Street, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Bob Potts .
The Wellington Inn opened in 1823  the corner of Booth Street West and Higher Chatham Street off Oxford Road in Chorlton-on-Medlock. It was formerly known as the Ackers Arms and stood at No.50 Higher Chatham Street, closing in 1967 as the Wellington Hotel, a Chesters house . The old pre-re-development road layout still survives around here but Higher Chatham Street has been commandeered by the University and forms this entrance to the campus.
Former location of Wellington, Higher Chatham Street. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Chorlton-upon-Medlock Manchester, Bob Potts (1984).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).