Lord Clyde, Inkerman Street, Collyhurst. (c) Bob Potts (1985).
The Lord Clyde stood at No.23 Inkerman Street, on the corner of Alma Street, Collyhurst. This was just off Queens Road and Topley Street. The Lord Clyde opened in 1868 and saw out its century, closing under a compulsory purchase order in 1969 as a Cornbrook Brewery public house . The pub is pictured here in 1958, and although some of Inkerman Street still runs through Collyhurst today, the stretch that had the Lord Clyde is today lost beyond the new houses over the other side of Topley Street.
Former location of Lord Clyde, Inkerman Street. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).