Ram, Oldham Road, Miles Platting. (c) Manchester Local Image Collection. Click here to view full image .
The original Ram was next door to the Empress Electric Theatre on Oldham Road in Miles Platting. While the Grade II-listed Empress (see the 1912 plans, and in 1961) was sadly knocked down in 2006 after a mysterious fire, the Ram was lost in the 1960s.
Empress, Oldham Road. (c) HistoryMe .
The Tetley's house, the Ram, is seen here in 1961, actually attached to the Empress. A replacement estate pub-style Ram was built on the same Oldham Road site in the 1960s, but this is also long-gone - as is the distinctive Unitarian Chapel a few doors up the road, lost in 2009.
Former location of the Ram, Oldham Road. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.