Joiners Arms, Cedar Street, Hulme. (c) Arthur Brougham with family's permission.
The Joiners Arms stood on the corner of Russell Street and Cedar Street in Hulme, opening in 1868 . It was a Greatorex Brothers house, it passed to the Empress brewery and the Joiners Arms closed in 1967 under the ownership of Daniel Clifton & Co.  of the Royal Oak Brewery in Stockport. Cedar Street was off Lower Moss Lane, parallel with Stretford Road. That means the spot where the Joiners Arms stood is roughly in the middle of the Shawgreen Close estate, not far from the old Unicorn estate pub.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).