Historically, the boundary between Ancoats and Miles Platting runs from Butler Street bridge to near the end of Bradford Road, so that Ridgway Street is just on the Ancoats side. Just off the lost Boundary Street on Ridgway Street stood the Mosley Arms, known locally as "Roney's" after a landlord. The Mosley was a Wilsons house and is shown above in the 1950s advertising Wilsons "Wembley" Ales. This beer was linked to Manchester City's 1934 FA Cup win, and of course City have moved to the area with some recent Wembley triumphs too. The Mosley Arms used to stand where Cranfield Close is today.
Wilsons Wembley Ale. (c) Neil Richardson .
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).
2. A History of Wilsons Brewery 1834-1984, Neil Richardson (1983).