Baltic Fleet, Shuttleworth Street, Charlestown. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
At the top end of Shuttleworth Street near Broughton Road, the Baltic Fleet stood until the early 1970s having opened in 1852. The beerhouse was bought by Empress Brewery and it then passed to Walkers of Warrington when they absorbed the former company in 1929 .
The Baltic Fleet closed in 1971 as the Charlestown area of Salford underwent regeneration (not so successfully - it has recently been named the most deprived area in the country). The exact location of the old Baltic Fleet was where Rockley Gardens is signposted in modern day Charlestown.
Baltic Fleet, Shuttleworth Street, Charlestown. (c) Neil Richardson .